Friday 27 February 2009

"Gummies and Spam!"

So, last night was Prank-Night. And we more than made up for the last two shows being fairly quiet.
No large incidents, just lots of little small ones that had everyone cracking up. Most of them were done off the cuff by Dodger and Oliver and Sykes, but some were... a little more schemed than that.
Favourite Twisted Lines:

Sowerberrys and Oliver
Mrs. S: What on earth do you have in mind for him to do around the shop?
Mr. S: Well... there is a curious look of pink-eye about his face that is very interesting. He could make a lovely coffin-follower.
Mrs. S: What?
Mr. S: I don't mean a pink-eyed coffin-follower for the grown up funerals... we are in need of a follower in proportion for the children's practice.
Mrs. S: Yes... I do belive you've had a ... good idea...
Oliver: But...
Mrs. S: Oliver, do you could look like that man up there? With a crowd looking on?
Oliver: Yes, Ma'am... but he doesn't have pink-eye.
Mr. S: Never mind about that. Do you think you could hold that expression?
Oliver: Yes, the expression. You know... the pink-eye won't last.
Mrs. S: It goes around all the time. When you don't have it, we'll send you back to the green room and have your mother apply more make-up or something.

Oliver and Fagin
Fagin: Were you awake five minutes ago?
Oliver: No!
Fagin: Two minutes ago? One minute ago? Half a minute ago?
Oliver: NO!
Fagin: Thirty seconds ago?
Oliver: Well... um... no.
Fagin: Really? Are you sure?
Oliver: Yes... I'm sure.
Fagin: Okay, there's a basin around the corner, go have a wash.
Oliver: But sir! You were spitting so much when you were asking how long I'd been awake that I've already had my wash.
(Fagin mumbled some response, he was laughing too hard to be clear.)

Sykes and Nancy
Nancy: I don't care if you kill me, as long as I breathe, the child shall not be harmed!
Sykes: (grabbing Nancy and hugging her) I really want to Twist 'em though! So, even though I really do love you, you haven't given me enough gummy worms to stop me! I shall twist him... even if I have to kill ya...
Nancy: Fine. Here are some gummies.

Fagin and Dodger
Fagin: And what have you got for me, Dodge?
Dodger: Oh... some spam and macaroni. (He's supposed to give some wallets)
Fagin: (holding up the macaroni) Well... they're not as heavy as they might be, but they're very good for midnight snacking. (Turns to Oliver) He's an ingenious workman, isn't he, Oliver?
Oliver: Yes, a good workman and cook, sir!
Fagin: You'd like to learn how to make things like Dodger does, eh?
Oliver: Yes sir, if you'll teach me!
Fagin: Of course I will, but Dodger is a better chef than me, so make him your model!

Sykes and Oliver
Oliver: They're Mr. Brownlow's books!
Sykes: Why! You've been stealing again! You're nothing but a little thief in a gummy-bear's outfit!
Oliver: But Linden gave me those gummy-bears fair and square! I didn't steal their clothes!
(Whoops! Did he just let out who's been giving him the candy???)

Dodger and Nancy:
Dodger: (singing) I'd risk anything - for one kiss - everything! (Leans over to "kiss" Nancy)
Nancy: What! (turns head... right into Dodger's face)
Dodger: I didn't mean to! I... I just kissed someone old enough to be my mother!!!!!! Mom's gonna kill me!
Nancy: If she gets you! (chases after Dodger.)

Two Favourite Musical-Additions:

Sue, me and Fagin:
For those who know, our Fagin played in the Fiddler on the Roof show about eight years ago. Well, I'd suggested that he and I break into "If I Were A Rich Man" during the song "I'm Reviewing The Situation". However, some people said that we'd distract the kids, so we said we wouldn't do it. Sue and Tammy, however, thought that it was way to funny to pass up.
So, when it came time for one of Sue fiddle candenzas, she and I both lit into "Fiddler's Theme". And Fagin... well... being himself, he launched into "If I Were A Rich Man" and danced off-stage.

Who Will Buy- Cast and Orchestra
During the fast part... the dancers/singers began doing disco and the macarena. And the orchestra joined in... It's not as funny written down, but just imagine disco-dancing-Dickens Gents.

My Favourite Of All-Time...
Now, when Nancy and Bet first show up at Fagin's, Nancy bursts through the door, calling out "Plummy and Slam!"
Well... as you've heard... we had canned food/boxed food jokes going on all night. So, Tammy decided she had the perfect thing.
Tammy and Nancy burst through the door...
Nancy: "SPAM!" (raises canned spam above her head)
Tammy: GUMMIES! (hanging from her mouth) Gummies and Spam! Who'd like some Gummies and Spam!


And yes, Jhaniel... Dodger added something about salmon mousse, but that was over-shadowed by everyone laughing.
And there was so much more- some that would only be funny to those who saw it, or those who know. Some is impossible to try to write down. I just wish I could have videoed all of the show.

3 comments:

  1. You. Just. Made. My. Day.

    There was a fair amount of honest to goodness laughing out loud over here as I read . . . ow. . . I'll never be able to watch 'Who will buy' with a straight face again, you do realize that? O.o

    And Fagin singing If I Were a Rich Man! That is /priceless/! And spam jokes are always good, especially when they rhyme with the original lines.

    But the best has to be the 'spam and macaroni' line. Just because . . . haha . . . it makes me question just what all those dignified Dickensian gentlemen have in their pocketses XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mythopoeia: I'm glad!
    I cannot play "Who Will Buy" straight now... we all start giggling incessantly.
    You'd laugh more if you knew our Fagin. It's funny as is... but even better when you know what he's like already. Spam jokes are a staple of pit/performers jokes. That and gummies... we're rather food-oriented.
    I think you'd get along well with our Dodger. He's a stitch. Like... my three-and-a-half years younger twin brother or something.
    I'll tell you what all those dignified Dickensian gents have in their pockets: gummy bears. I know. Mr. Brownlow and Dr. Grimwig gave me some. :D

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, that was hilarious. I mean, when Spam and "If I Were a Rich Man" intersect, it's impossible not to laugh. *goes away singing annoyingly about problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes*

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...