Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Day of Memories

Today, I had the fun of making yoghurt from scratch. I enjoy making yoghurt a lot, and love eating it too, but I haven't done it in forever. 

Last time, Belle was still here, and she helped me. I remember her leaning over the counter, wearing her pink 1950s styled apron, stirring with the silver-metal spoon and sighing over the "loveliness that is mint" when we decided to boil the milk with a mint sachet in it. That day, I made three batches; not knowing that she and Tink would soon be leaving, and shortly after them, Lance and Harrison. I remember her impatience while the yoghurt set, then cooled. And then the next morning, her asking me for breakfast of "mint yoga." 

Somehow, over the last few months, I just didn't feel like making any yoghurt, and went back to eating the stuff from the store - even though it didn't taste nearly as good. But today... today I could make it. Yes, I had memories, but it didn't hurt quite as much. 

~

Today is the day of memories. For I remembered what has happened, and I made new memories.

Yes, I taught Mum the beginning stitches of knitting. And our first lesson went very well indeed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Hmm, now was that lovely post of Anna's your inspiration to make yoghurt? :) I've never tried but would love to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saminda, actually, I wasn't even thinking of Anna's post at all. Mum wanted some yoghurt, and it sounded like a good idea. It's fairly easy, and we have a yoghurt maker as well, I hope you would have fun if you tried it. :)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...