Monday 23 February 2009

Heading Out To The Sun!

Today... we were above freezing and the sun was out! Add that information to the note that I had no Oliver rehearsal or show to run to (yay for three day-sabbatical!) and you'll know that I had a lovely day at home (mostly). Now I love Oliver and rehearsals immensely, but I am definitely happy for a day at home. 
Since my parents were gone for most of the day, you shall not see pictures of my crazy exploits. It started some time around noon, with me heading out with my knitting to sit on the porch- still partially iced-over. About half an hour later, I decided that it was far too lovely a day to waste just sitting there. 
First instinct: BICYCLE! Yes... I dug my bike out of Daddy's shop and jumped on it. Never mind about giving it a slight air-up. It could have used one, but I didn't care. Plus, I don't like doing it and am more than happy to wait till tomorrow to ask him to help me with that. (I'll probably end up doing now that I've mentioned it here.) 
So, biking in the snow is a lot of fun, although not the easiest thing to manoeuvre. Our church is about two miles away from our house, and I biked there and back twice. It felt so good to have the crisp, fresh air in my lungs. Although, it did rather sting going up the hills- going down them more than made up for it. 
Finally, I decided that all the crazy-stares of my neighbours might not be the best thing to be attracting. (Who would they call though? Alaskans are crazy, and I'm not that bad!) So instead, I put my bike away, sort of. By that, I mean that I didn't put it above the shop like we normally do for bikes in winter, I mean that I put it down next to where the cars go so I can get it out again. Soon.
However, I wasn't quite ready to go inside. I mean, the sun was still shining. In Alaska - you don't waste sunshine. EVER. Of course, I decided to go for a walk... which turned into a run. Let me remind you, I wear sandals year-round. 
I came in after thoroughly covering my socks in snow. It's not too bad until the snow melts. That's when your feet get cold. So, I settled down, wearing new socks, on the couch with the sun streaming in on me. Computer on my lap, cocoa in hand... and off to reading blogs I went. Of course, that would be when Mum and Daddy came home. 
First thing out of Mum's mouth was "It's lovely outside. Why are you in here? Get outside and enjoy the sun!!!"
I opted out. Tomorrow- I'm planning on biking again. Do you think I could get Mum to snap a couple of photos??? 
That or... I could finally learn how to do that timer-setting on my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...