Monday 2 March 2009

Home Again

So, now I'm home. No Oliver rehearsals to run to. No performances to think about. No kids to give gummies to, or to sing with, or dance with, or - you know - just play older sister/auntie to. 
I'm kinda glad that it's over, to not have to worry about all the music and entrances and such. But I'm missing it already. 
I started filing all the pictures today, laughing over memories, over videos (Sykes is an impromtu-artist, or so it seems), and over gummies. 
Of course, I don't get much of a break, since my conductor (Gummies and Spam!) is leaving for three weeks to go to AZ with her family and I'm house-sitting for them - all starting tomorrow. I'm planning on still job-hunting while I'm there (yes, Mum, I check almost every morning!) and getting some books read. Or re-read. 
There is so much I want to say about Oliver, so many pictures I want to share... but how can I really tell everything that means something to me on here? I cannot. I am going to make a Picasa file of all the Oliver pictures that turned out well, and I may even get a youtube account to share some of the videos, but even then, no one but the Performers will actually really know what it was like for those two and a half weeks that we pretty much lived at the high-school. I'm not going to recapture the look on our Oliver's face that first performance (no camera could do it justice). I can't explain the feeling of happiness over the good show, but sadness over it being over, that Oliver and I shared as we sang a parting song over my violin. 
But I'm home again, and I'm resting, regathering. Getting ready to go again tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I know too well that sad, empty feeling of a show being over. :) It's quite awful! Yet, so many memories shared with those who took part. A special bond you'll always share! Enjoy the housesitting, and good luck with the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saminda: I know... I feel really alone without my orphans singing with me. :( At least I have a lot (over three hundred) photos to remind me of the fun times I had.
    The housesitting is fun, I'll blog about it later!

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...