Friday 27 March 2009

Jubilation

So, I'm currently in a state of jubilation. No, I'm not getting published. No, this isn't an early April Fool's Day joke.

Yesterday, I recieved a packet in the mail from HC. I was accepted to the Honours' London Programme (the one I really really wanted. The one that made me really want to apply...) and got a nice scholarship to boot. So, that scholarship, added to various grants and a loan equaled out to a financial aid package of about 25,000 dollars. Yep. I feared it would be a lot lower, so I'm very happy!
The overall price for HC is 31,000; so I have about six thousand more to come up with. But I already have about two thousand, and can hopefully earn the other four over spring and summer. (Plus, there's the option of a church grant. Dear Lord, please!!!)
This means I'll be able to afford to go to university. I've been dreading that I wouldn't get enough financial aid and thus wouldn't be able to go anywhere. But God has given me this opportunity, and I'm going for it!
So, since then, I've spent a lot of time emailing professors and my councilour. (Is it a sad statement that I'm on her speed-dial?) Then, I'm on the school's website, researching classes, dorms, what to bring, what to expect at classes, weather reports (hey, I've got to know what clothes to bring!) and everything else I can think of.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure no one at HC will blink an eye at the appearance of a purple-loving hippie-clothed blonde-elf girl from Alaska. Right? Even if she skips everywhere and has at least two notebooks and eighteen pens with her everywhere she goes?
Yeah... I'm happy, and I'm ready to study!!!

3 comments:

  1. *hug and a reel on the Dancing Lawn* Good fortune to you as ever, Linden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!!! Yeah, I know we've never met but I feel so akin to you! I feel so proud of you!! I just want to hop on a plane, skip over to London and join in all the fun....... ;)
    So, you will keep blogging won't you?
    Well done!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jhaniel, thanks!!! *dances* I'm going to need it!

    Saminda, I know what you mean!!! I'd welcome the visit, as you well know. Right now, I'm thinking of watching Shadowlands till I ruin the tape. (It's about Lewis, and therefore Oxford, instead of London- but it's close enough to bring happiness to me...)
    Of course I'll keep blogging! Nothing could stop me! In fact, one of the professors suggested that since I'm used to blogging, I could switch over some of my blogging practice to the school's newspaper and be their student correspondant with weekly updatees on what the Honours Programme students are doing! I cannot wait to be in London!!! Four and a half months of being there.... *sighs* I'm going to burst!!

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...