Thursday 5 March 2009

Cloud-Castles



So, for those who know me, it's well-known that I love musicals. And yes, Les Mis is amazing. After talking about it a lot at Oliver rehearsals, I was really dying to get my hands on a CD set with all the music.
Of course, looking at the prices made me choke, and I talked myself out of that. Still, I couldn't help wanting it.
While looking over the sizable CD collection here at The Chateau, I found a treasure. Yes- the complete recording of the London cast (the one with Colm Wilkinson!) of Les Miserables. Me - happy? Yes!
I've been listening to quite the shuffle of music today, but I keep on returning to Lis Mis. Of course, one of my favourite songs is the Confrontation, followed by the justly famous "Do You Hear The People Sing." However, I have discovered a new favourite along with them... "Castle on a Cloud"...
And if the song weren't sweet enough, just look at how cute Cosette is in that video I've posted.

And Andromanche, just because I love you so much, look at what I found that made me think of you.

7 comments:

  1. Les MIs is my FAVOURITE musical of all time!! It's the BEST. :) I love the 10th anniversary concert version. Stu and I often sing the Confrontation, taking turns singing the parts of Valjean and Javert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a recording of Les Mis for $5 at a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saminda: I love the 10th AC as well, but cannot afford it- and the London version is what is available to me. :) I tend to sing the song a lot, whether someone's with me or not. During Oliver, our main Oliver sang it with me, with him taking Javert's lines.
    Robin: Don't make me jealous! I wish I could find a copy that cheap, that's more in my price range than what I can get in the stores...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I don't know if the one you have is the one I'm getting? Hm.
    Yeh, and I love this song so much. Confrontation is best, though. And One Day More is a close second, I think. And then Look Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jhaniel: you had gift-cards. :P Thank you though!!!!! <3 Don't you have TAC? Look Down is amazing - good for when I'm cleaning. ^_^

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, I would have thought Castle on a Cloud would be the cleaning song of choice? THough Look Down as a cleaning song did make me chuckle; I'll have to always keep it handy to play loudly when my parents order me to do chores!

    (And I have the Tenth Anniversary Concert soundtrack, if that is what you meant . . . but not the video. That I get on youtube, heh heh. What I'm going to buy next time I go to B&N is the complete symphonic recording.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you mean "Aren't any floors for me to sweep?" would inspire me to clean? No! "Look down, and see the sweepings off the street..." does much better. :)
    And yes, that is exactly what I meant. See, we understand each other perfectly. ^_^

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...