Monday 9 March 2009

Photos from Satuday

On Saturday, the sun was shining brilliantly, and the area around The Chateau (Tammy's place, as I have dubbed it...) is gorgeous, and has a beach nearby with an excellent view of Redoubt. Yes, this is where I met Christopher Lee last autumn and missed him. The ice-floes caught my eye, so I was taking a picture of them when I realized that this would be a good time to photograph Redoubt as well.


Here it is again, the mountain in all it's icy splendour! The ice floes are the surface of the inlet as you get towards the beach. Of course, further out, the surface isn't frozen, but since it's been fairly cold, there is a lot of ice right now.

And this was when I was at the coffee-shop, blogging, writing and drinking coffee. Bliss? Of course! Oh, and that's another picture of Logan/Oliver, the gummy-worm boy. Yes, I miss him so much I put him as my background.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are gorgeous, Laura. That is definitely winter.

    And that is one way of getting a pic of your desktop, isn't it? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is winter. I'm dreaming of spring. My heart yearns for leaves, for warm breezes...
    And you know, I hadn't thought of that... it really is a snapshot! I'm so good at this....

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these photos are simply stunning. WOw :). Seriously, it's like another world to me!!
    Still missing Oliver? Yep, I know.... it'll be at least another month. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...