Wednesday 4 March 2009

My Morning

The house is mostly quiet right now, except I have the Oliver soundtrack playing softly in the background. For some reason, it makes me not miss the play so much. (I know- how sad!) The dogs I'm watching are sleeping, the fishies are fed and I have plenty of time to read and write today.

Yes, I started house sitting yesterday afternoon, which I'll blog about yesterday later sometime. Or I might do it on the other blog, just so it doesn't feel neglected. Tammy forgot a few things, so I was out of the house by almost nine to mail them to her. It's colder here because I'm nearer the Inlet, but I love the view, so I didn't mind my fingers being cold. When I got back from that, my coffee (Kona-brew!) was done and I settled down to read a few blogs and drink the coffee while waiting for a call from HC's Honours Program.That call came at about ten, and it lasted a little over an hour. For all my nervousness, I think it went fairly well. We (me and three Honours Councilors) talked about books, C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, the Inklings, history, art, music, philosophies that shaped Western Civilization, Linguistics, Philology, London, the Middle East, Islam and soccer.

After that was finished, Mum and I talked for about five minutes, and I wrote to a few friends via facebook.I'm enjoying myself, and will probably get off the computer in a few minutes, make myself more coffee and settle down with either "Reading Lolita in Tehran" or "Les Miserables". Fun!

Or... I could just watch Oliver... Tammy has a copy of it downstairs...

3 comments:

  1. I finally read Daughter of December a little. forgot you had it. good luck deciding on colleges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin! Thanks, I think my decision is pretty much made, it just depends on financial aid packages now, and then I'll announce everything. Yes, I got your letter during the last weekend of shows (Saturday, I think) and have started on my reply this afternoon. I should have it in the mail by Monday. :) Miss you!
    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...