Saturday 14 March 2009

Pi Day!

Well, today was A Day in My Life for March... and I have the very exciting report that I read, played piano and drank tea. All day. 
I was wakened at seven thirty by the dogs, let them out and made a small pot of coffee. After dressing and washing up and feeding the dogs and fishes, I curled up on the couch with two cookies and a cup of tea. Sometime around ten, I got a few calls from friends; and then I went back to reading. At noon, I broke off from my book to play piano for about an hour and a half, then ate some semblence of a lunch and played frisbee with the dogs. 
When I came back in I changed into a summer skirt (my jeans had gotten very snowy after diving after the frisbee) and made even more tea and sat down with my book again.
My parents, taking advantage of the sunny weather, had gone to the beach not far from the Chateau, and so came to visit around four. We had tea and cookies and talked for nearly two hours before they left to go home. Not surprisingly, after they left, I played a little piano and then read.
Maybe half an hour later, I got a call from a friend who was returning to school after "Spring" break, and we chatted for about five or six minutes. At eight, I ate a small dinner, fed the animals, then went upstairs to check my emails and then read more. 
So yes, that would be my oh-so-exciting fourteenth of March: Pi Day. 
Oh how I love drinking very milky tea and reading good ink-scented books...

7 comments:

  1. And called a friend who was sitting next to her phone but had her phone on vibrate and was therefore so busy drawing she didn't notice . . . *headdesk*

    Me sorries! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well, I wasn't going to mention that. Hm... I might try calling you here soon. It's okay- you need time to draw too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that sounds incredibly idyllic. I'm trying not to feel envious...... trying really really hard..... not successfully!
    What a beautiful day. I can't remember that kind of freedom and peace.
    I LOVE your blanket!! You are so very very clever. :)
    I forgot to do the 14th thing! Can you believe it? I guess it was a rather busy day, what with Wizard of Oz and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saminda- idyllic, and somewhat required by my smoking neighbour (Redoubt). It was very peaceful, minus the headache I had raging that night and somewhat into Sunday morning. It's okay if you don't do the fourteenth, I read one blog where the lady did hers every tenth, and another on the twentieth. It's completely understandable that you are busy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounds positively delightful. Hey Laura! I MISS YOU. I've been sick with bronchitis for three weeks, so have been in bed...all better now. :) Hope to talk to you soon! xoxoxx.

    ~ Keri ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hey hey, I want to do this 'A Day In My Life' thing!

    Missed the 14th, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keri: I'm writing you a very long letter right now! :) I'm so sorry you've been sick, and that on Sundays, I'm so rarely on Skype now.

    Jhaniel, join me next month! It's coming quickly! It's fun!

    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...