Wednesday 12 November 2008

You Know You're Not In Alaska When...

Do you remember the old classic movie, The Wizard of Oz? (Dorothy: Oh no! We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!)

Well, today, I had the brief realisation: Oh my! We're not in Alaska anymore Mummy! We went shopping with my gramma, and while stopping at a little country store, Gramma pulled over to the side of the road to park. Other people did the same. That's when it hit me.

You know you're not in Alaska when people are along the side of the road and it isn't because their car broke down. Yep, that's right, my friends. These people had actually pulled over and they weren't hoping that someone would stop and help them out. I was absolutely amazed.

My keen, deeply profound observation was met with laughter from Mum and Gramma. However, it made a lasting impression on me. As in, I am still thinking about how weird it is. Yep, I'm not in AK anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I kinda had a moment like that; but it was right when the plane landed... the terrain in Sacremento is about as different from Alaska as you can get. Good thing I was all hyped up to see my family! lol

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...