Tuesday 25 November 2008

The Joys of Writing

Today, whilst at the store, I finally found some stationary! I was very pleased and am looking forward to writing more letters. The paper is actually just plain white (Jhaniel, rather like yours) and not at all what one thinks of as "stationary" if one is thinking something pink and flowery like the stuff used when writing thank you letters to relatives after birthdays and Christmas. (I was never very good at those.) But it was the best I could find, and really, was the only thing I've seen at the store in the eight months that I've been searching for stationary, and I am very happy to have it at last.
However, as I had already started writing two letters before getting the paper, I am afraid that my paper didn't go into use right away. I'm thinking of trying to write my brother again, but I have pretty much given up hope that he'll respond to me. Phones are more his style apparently, although I'm really fairly bad at expressing myself over them. (Writing, as you might have guessed, is my medium.)
As I finished up the letters, my computer was up, and suddenly, a chat box popped up from a friend. Well, of course, it happened to one of those whom I was writing. And as may be reasonably expected, he informed me of what was going on in his life right now... and answered about half the questions in my letter. Oh the joys of letter-writing and being shot-down by the internet, but I shall just have to tell him that it's his own fault the letter he wanted so badly is out-of-date now.
Plus, I got quite a bit of writing done and was very pleased with my progress on Jhaniel's birthday present. One of these days, it shall be finished! I feel rather silly that a two hundred (I hope) page story has taken me five months already. I'm going to have to work on my procrastination, I see.

2 comments:

  1. Well, SOMEBODY is getting into the Christmas spirit, hm? The blog looks lovely.

    'Oh the joys of letter-writing and being shot-down by the internet'

    I have the same problem! Cell phones, instant messaging, email--letter writing has many modern foes. But I keep doing it anyway. Because there's nothing lovelier than a good, long, handwritten missive in the mailbox (by the way I got your letter yesterday and will reply ASAP).

    And what? Birthday present? Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am in the Christmas spirit, as you have guessed. It's so much fun! Plus, redecorating my blog is much cheaper and easier than my room, and therefore, when I'm in need of change, I do it on the blog.
    I severely chastized (read: teased badly) Stephen about spoiling his own letter, but according to him, he doesn't care if it's so out-of-date that I should have sent it to the Pilgrims, just as long as he has mail coming to him. It's just so much more exciting to get something in letter-format... emails don't bring much anticipation.
    Yes, you read that right: birthday present. In fact, you read a bit of it once, I think. I'll send it to you on your birthday.
    -Linden Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...