Saturday 29 November 2008

Blogging About Blogging

Yes, aren't I brilliant? I sat down to blog and thought "Hey! Why don't I just blog about... blogging. After all... Saminda did it the other day."
Why I blog... well, maybe I should say that I blog because I write so much. I enjoy letting myself write down my thoughts and having a record of the things that happen. It's a way to let my friends know what's going on. It's a way to make new friends.
I can show my writings, my photos, my struggles and my joys. And, I can update people much faster than I could over emails.
But, I suppose I ought to answer a question asked of me by several people, most recently, by Saminda.
"How do you get the blog designs?"
Well, see the little box in the upper left-hand corner? The one that says "Free Backgrounds & More @ TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com"... yeah, that one. Well, you can click on that, and it will link you here. They have lots of backgrounds, and you can make your own if you suscribe to them. However, I'm far too cheap to pay to design my own, so I went to another spot on the site. In the last link, you can find all their free backgrounds.
Then what you do: you select a genre (Floral, Christmas, Shabby Chic, Vintage, Winter, etc.) and look through their little samplers. When you find one you like, you can click on it and it'll take you to a page with just that image on it. Then, you have your blog up on another window.
Make sure your blog is in the minima background. From there, go to Layout, select "Add and Arrange Page Elements" and click on "Add a Gadget". Now you can find where to add "HTML/Java Script" and that will take you to the 'configure' part. On the page that has the image you wanted, there should be a paragraph which is the html coding for that background. You copy and paste that into the HTML/Java Script box, and then click save.
That should update the background. Hopefully I didn't just confuse you badly. Anyways, if you have any questions, just post them in the comments and I'll try to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...