Monday 24 November 2008

Accepted

No, this is not a post on a very wonderful book by Madeleine L'Engle. It is instead a post about how I have been accepted at both TU and HC. Now, I'm hoping to hear from Colorado Christian University soon, but I see no reason that I won't be accepted there either, so for now, we're just going to leave it as I am accepted.
But, the deal with HC was that they have a separate school of music. And one can be accepted at HC without gaining entry to the music school. However, I recieved a letter in the mail today saying that I'd gotten into that as well.

However, and this may shock some people:

Ihavedecidedtochangemymajor.

There... did you get that? No? Um...

I have decided to change my major. That's right. I'm not going to major in music. I'll definitely minor in music, because I do enjoy it so much, but that won't be the focus of my next four years. Instead, I'm going to major in Professional Writing. Yes, that is more than just journalism, though journalism does figure into it. Basically, I'd be able to work as a journalist, an editor, or for a business in their publications department. And no, this isn't the result of one week's hasty decisions. I actually have been dabbling in the idea for months... especially the last two.
So, here is my public announcement... and now I'm going to scurry off to write somemore in my notebook of that requested story I've supposed to be working on according to Theophilus' college friends. (I have, really!) And no, I don't anticipate anymore major changes, since there are very few things I'd actually consider majoring in otherwise. Being a historian just doesn't pay enough. :) And below is a photo that somewhat reminds me of myself that I saw once on Andromanche's blog - and thus had to use for this! Very striking resemblance, and even the glasses are spot on.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations! And yes, I am surprised at the major change, but congrats on that too.

    I know I'm toying with what minor to do; I wanted to do art, but I keep missing out on art classes, and now Russian is very appealing. D'you think it would be odd to be an English major with a Russian minor? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Laura! And all the best with your literary pursuits! :) You have exciting times ahead.

    I love your Christmassy blog design... would you mind sharing how you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've thought about professional writing too. Although I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with myself yet. >.< I'm glad that you have a much clearer idea of what you want to do with yourself. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jhaniel: You should have heard my brother. He was probably the most interesting as far as reactions go, other than his friends who thought I would switch to engineering so I could go to school with him. You will know more about my reasons for switching when you read the letter I sent you. And I think that a Russian minor would be awesomely cool! Go for it! I'm always here to support you!

    Saminda: Thanks! Yes, I do believe that life will be very exciting now - I had a very interesting phone call on Tuesday, regarding my proposed major. I'm toying about with writing about that. And I think I'm going to blog, or at least mention in a blog, about how I do my designs. Thanks for the good idea!

    Rivka: I think you would be good at Prof. Eng. Trust me, it's hard to know what one wants to do. Since I was six, I've been saying music, but now, you see, I have changed my mind. (Twelve years... wow, who'd have thought?) Thanks for the encouragement, I've had moments of doubt, especially since I have been accepted to the music schools and everyone thinks that I would do well in them. I'm sure that whatever you choose to study, you will do extremely well in!

    -Linden Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...