Saturday 1 November 2008

So Long!

Today, my piano teacher hosted a mini-recital for me to play my auditions pieces for a few people. I was so nervous that I decided to just ham around and play like I didn't care. Apparently, that worked well because no one seemed to suspect that my stomach had turned into a butterfly conservatory.
The best part was when I was done playing, everyone sat around discussing me and I got to eat cookies and drink tea. Just that makes the trials of nervousness over the trip very much worth it. And my butterflies disappeared; I suspect they got frozen.
We went shopping and got a few last things, including a new top for me to wear for my auditions. Cheers to anyone who can guess the colours. By the time we got home, I was more than ready to take a nap, but instead got turned onto apple-slicing duty. The good part of that is that the house now smells like cooked apples and cinnamon.

Well, this may be the last blog post for a while, since I leave early on Monday morning. But if we (or maybe just me!) are lucky, I'll be able to write sometime during my college visits. I'm going to definitely write once I get to my gramma's house. And since I'm going to be taking a ton of photos and will want to write all about my trip, I've decided to start a new blog!
Introducing: Daughter of December. First, it will be all about my trip and auditions, then I'll turn it over to poetry and stories, since I don't seem to get around to that on here. I probably won't update it nearly as much as this one, but feel free to check in every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...