Thursday 27 November 2008

Giving Thanks

This Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks for Jhaniel. She has not only got me wishing I had eaten a jelly baby once, but also had me listening to crazy musicians just because she knew how much I loved Pachelbel.
On that note, I'm thankful for all my dear friends; here in Alaska, away at college, and all you whom I've never met, but still feel proud to call my friends.
I am thankful for all those whose blogs are on my linked-list, for being encouragement, inspiration, entertainment, and blessings in my life, whether or not you knew I was even reading your blog.
I'm giving thanks for my brother's sense of humour in calling me as soon as I woke up to tell me that he'd indeed made pies himself, and that they had been perfectly edible. All to prove that baking-ablities run in the family.
I'm thankful that Mum decided that we didn't need to make any more pies ourselves. And I'm thankful that she's healthy right now.
And of course, I am very thankful for my coffee-pot. A friend pointed out that I could be forced to drink instant coffee, and I am now extremely grateful for both our percolators. (And the very good coffee to be found in both of them right now!) Without coffee to keep me warm and cosy, winter would be almost unbearable at times.
And yes, I am thankful for the beautiful snow outside.
God has been very good to me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for the thank you! You don't even know how much I needed that right now, I was feeling a little low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, between the two of us, we'll always be there to cheer the other. That's why we are friends, my dear. I'm so very thankful for you! <3

    Love you dear Jhaniel,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...