Sunday 14 February 2010

And I'm Singing, Amen, I, I'm Alive

If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody died, if everyone shared and
swallowed their pride, we'd see the day when nobody died.

I originally heard this song almost three years ago, then a year ago, my brother reintroduced me to it.
When I worked as a nanny last year, my boss owned the CD which had this on it. I cleaned to it for hours on end. (It was the best she had for music selection until I started bringing my own music.)
Since then, I'd mostly forgotten about it. For some reason, I woke up this morning, and just knew I had to listen to it. I'm so glad I did. I think more people need to realize that hate is what kills. Love comes from caring. When you love, you learn to swallow your pride because you care more about others than yourself. I wish people would learn to give more love to others.
Edit: Interestingly, this was the same sort of thing which the Father at the Mountain talked about during his homily today. When my heart is breaking, I only pray that it will take a lesson in how to love more in its brokeness. I want to be remembered as a person who loved others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...