Wednesday 3 February 2010

When I Begin to Clean...

Today, I randomly decided to straighten up the papers on the end of my desk. This led me to clean out my papers drawer. I found all sorts of notes I'd kept to remind myself of things last semester. And papers that had been handed out in class which I no longer needed. So I ended up doing some nice cleaning on that. But that lead to me cleaning out another drawer. And another. And then organizing the shelves on the end of my desk, as well as everything else on my desk.
This led me to realise that my part of the closet could use a bit of organizing. And my dresser could really use it too. I need to sort out and box the clothes which are too warm to really wear right now. That means I'll have to sort out the boxes underneath my bed.
In order to do all this, I find that I shall just have to spend most of my weekend straightening, organizing and tossing. I didn't do much of it last semester, so it'll be quite a job. This means I'll have to do most of my homework tomorrow morning and Friday afternoon to clear out time on Saturday, since I'd rather not do any of this on Sunday.
As I sat at Java tonight having coffee with a friend, I began contemplating whether or not cleaning off the end of my desk was really worth it. Commenting on this to my friend, she began laughing at my cleaning (and homework coming on weekdays rather than on the weekends) blues.
Apparently, I am now volunteered to come and help her clean her room up the following weekend. Then we will proceed to rearrange her furniture. And sometime, I'm teaching two different people how to knit. And still doing all my homework and my student-job. Hmm... and all this by deciding to sort out fifteen loose sheets of paper.
Maybe I should have just left them sitting there until May. Like everyone else would have done.

6 comments:

  1. If you don't like messes, than don't leave it! It is amazing how fast things accumulate :) As a side note - I do the same thing, and can totally identify with how annoying it can be to try to straighten a few things out and end up with a full-scale job! Makes me think about monks (we've just been reading the Rule of St. Benedict) and contemplate the benefits of not having anything . . . Enjoy your day/weekend/semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nadea, I miss you. :)
    I try to not leave too much, and compared to most, I don't. But sometimes, I'm in a rush, and then feel too tired to deal with it at night when all my mind can think about is going to bed.
    *hugs* I don't know if I could handle not having anything. I do like cleaning, it's just the "doing my homework before I normally would" is not a happy thought. And yes, I'm going to try and keep cleaner now. Thanks for the encouragement! Hope you're having an amazing day/week/semester as well! <3
    Linden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's how I clean!

    And I actually haven't sorted out anything this semester yet, but will have to tonight, what with packing to go on my retreat and all. It's gonna be an adventure. Ai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jhaniel- well, great minds think alike....... ;D
    I hadn't done it in far too long. I hope your venture with it goes well. The funny thing is that you can't really see what I've cleaned up, just if you open my drawers or notice that my bed area is really clean.....
    Have fun with that!!!!
    -Linden

    ReplyDelete
  5. And when you're back in May . . . ;) Kidding. But it will be good to have tea or coffee together again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, Annie. I think my mother may agree with you....
    But yes, coffee is a must! See you in three months!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...