Wednesday 24 February 2010

A New Twist In My Path

Well, I figured it's about time to announce it on here. I am leaving HC Monday morning, likely forever. I know for certain that I won't be coming back next fall. And the way things have gone, I won't be back, unless I come one day to visit friends. Which isn't really all that likely, due to money and such like.

But the odd thing is that I'm at peace about this decision. God's been with me through a really rough time here. I've learned a lot, from my mistakes, and also a lot about humans and our ability to mess up others' lives. (That being how a few mistakes on my part were blown into gigantic problems by others...)

However, I'm glad I came to HC. I love the place, and for the most part, I love the people here. I've had a terrific semester and a half. I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and just had a great time. But it's time for me to go back to Alaska.

And there is no denying that I'm wildly excited about that. I love Alaska. I've missed it very much. Especially the mountains. I don't think I would have ever chosen this way to leave New York, but it's all working out. I've made friends, and I'll keep them even when I'm four and a half thousand miles away from them.

Tonight I go on February break, and I'm heading home with a friend of mine. I will return to HC on Sunday evening, then am leaving it again on Monday morning. I will spend a few days with my dear grandparents, then am flying home.

Home. Exactly what I'm longing for. I'm so happy. And the peace that I feel about this makes me sure that things are falling into place. After quite a while of praying and thinking, at last, I'm going home, and will find where I'm to go after that. My path isn't exactly easy to see, or to understand, but I am just happy that I'm following the One who made the path. And that He's leading me home.

4 comments:

  1. May God bless you ... Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl,

    I heard this news from your Mum this week. No details, just that you were coming home. I'd love to hear more / share with you about your hard experiences because I've found this with friendships all too often also - the hurt, the accidental offence or whatever that can happen. Actually, I'm going through some of it now with 2 friends. They're making me feel so so guilty for being "too focused" on my family. It's really hard. Not nice at all.:(

    Anyway, I'm happy you're going home. It's obviously the right thing as you have that peace from God about it. What an amazing adventure you've had, and I wouldn't see it as a mistake or waste of time or anything like that - God uses all things for good, and teaches us so much through our experiences. Even if it's just how to lean on Him more. :)

    I love you and look forward to hearing more from you, from HOME!!

    "I think home is the nicest word there is" - Laura Ingalls. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh my goodness. I hope all is okay!!

    But it will be so good for you to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadea, I am going to miss you tons. (hugs and love) I pray for you every morning and evening, and think about you so much. I hope that London is wonderful for you! (And yes, I do read your blog.... I should comment more.)
    Saminda, I'll email you on Sunday via facebook about some of what's gone on. I hope your situation calms down, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. I'm so glad that family is your focus, it should be! Yes, this year has been an adventure. I'm so glad for all that has happened, I've learned so much, and come out better, and stronger, and I hope more in love with God than before. You shall definitely be getting updates from me when I'm settled back in my beloved mountains. ^_^
    Annie- All will be okay. And all is okay. God has led me, and supported me, and I know that things are going as He has planned for my life. It's just a pretty interesting plan, apparently. ;) And yes, I do think that home is going to be good for me. It'll be hard, but good. And I can see you. ^_^ When I return, I'll explain what went on, and answer any questions you have.
    Love all three of you lovely ladies! God bless!

    Linden-Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...