Thursday 4 February 2010

Polka Dot Dishes

At work we occasionally get prizes for various reasons during our calling sessions. I rarely ever win, but tonight, I did, several times over.

Seven times, in fact. And for every win, I was given a gift. I ended up with photo frames, a blanket, cupcake liners, a cappuccino mix, and two dishes.

Fittingly, those dishes both have polka dots on them. As I looked at them, I remembered Belle, several years ago. I miss her terribly still, but the pain has lessened in the last year.

Once, I took her shopping with me to the fabric store. I was going to make her an apron, and wanted to know what cloth she liked best. She picked out a few and when she finally came to me with her selection, I asked her what made her choose the one she had over the others.


"Well," she said, very matter-of-fact, "the others were adorable and nice, of course, but polka dots are a MUST."


Yes, dear Belle. Polka dots are a must, and every time I use these dishes, I will think of you.




Polka Dot Dishes

3 comments:

  1. Those dishes are adorable--they make me think of the Mad Hatter's tea party! And what a lovely memory, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I read this last week I was at The Store and saw some girls' polka dot tights. Almost bought them for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank guys!
    And Annie, I like the sound of these tights. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...