Thursday 11 February 2010

Spring Yet?

The last few weeks at HC have been pretty overcast. It makes me kind of blue. And it's been pretty much about twenty degrees warmer at home than here.

But today, the sun is shining and it's nearly as warm here as in Alaska. So I began dancing around my room this morning and shouting "spring!" and gesturing at the window. I'm pretty sure my roomie thinks I'm a nutter. It helped relieve school stress and I felt so much better after I finished. Then I went out and skipped three times around the quad and listened to the wind blowing the snow off the branches of the trees.

I know it's only mid-February. But can't it be spring yet? I vote for spring. I want to see the sun, to see green grass, to see flowers. I never felt this much of the S.A.D. when I lived in Alaska. This is probably the worst case I've ever had of winter madness. And it's not even March yet. That's when people go crazy back home. But I'm stir crazy now. I think it's about time to break out the sandals and sundresses and get ready to do homework on a blanket out on the quad.

Anyone have a massive hair-dryer for me to use for melting the snow here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...