Monday 8 February 2010

Decorating, Linden Style

So, at home, my walls are festooned with copies of poems I liked and wrote out. I missed that here at HC.

Over the weekend, I've watched Dead Poet's Society several times, and was inspired to look at some poetry online, since the dear old library is closed most of the weekend.

This morning, I woke up early and headed to the print-centre at the library (at least they are open now!). I set up a few pages and fit poems onto them somehow.

Then I printed off nine poems. This evening, I cut them all so that they are alone (some poems fit two or three on one sheet of paper) and tacked them to the wall. I'm enjoying seeing poetry on my wall again.

They fit well with my Middle-Earth poster from Theophilus, and my Waterhouse prints.
And my kitty Carpe Diem poster. That makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I need to put more poetry on my walls here in HI. I've got "The Listeners" up right now, and a couple of my own poems, but that's it. Thanks for reminding me.

    I'd love to print out all my favorite artwork to post around my room, but I have so little ink in my printer, I just don't dare, alas! I did find an old bit of needlework that was buried in a cardboard box, though, it's of unicorns! So that's on my wall. Along with pictures all my siblings drew of themselves, so I could bring them to Hawaii with me :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...