Friday 8 January 2010

Unexpected Gifts

Well, last night, I checked my email and found a notification of a gift card to the Barnes and Noble bookstore had been sent to me. I was a little surprised, as I knew that Mum had sent me a gift card for Christmas, and was sure that no one else would have thought of it.
But a few moments later, there was another email. It turns out that a friend whom I've barely heard from in nearly two years decided to send me a Christmas gift, after she received a card and bookmark from me which arrived to her place just yesterday morning. She could not think of anything, and so, deciding to not wait until next year to ask me, settled on a book gift. She told me that she knew that I loved books, and thought it could not go amiss. So I was the very happy, and surprised, recipient of a gift card.
After perusing the website for what seemed like forever, I settled on getting a copy of Wuthering Heights and found a decently cheap copy, and after the shipping and handling costs, found I'd used the exact amount that was specified in the certificate.
And then I found that it was actually just in time for Christmas on the Julian calendar. So, it seems that my friend had good fortune on dates, and we just had a small Christmas gift giving, her and I.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Wuthering Heights! I read it a couple of years ago and remember being simply unable to put it down. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...