Saturday 23 January 2010

It Feels Like Spring!

Well, my second week of school has now drawn to a close. I'm done with my homework, and have my room fairly cleaned up. I just have a bit of laundry which is in the washer at present. And it's beautiful outside my window. Since my room-mate S. has gone home for the weekend, I have the blinds open and look out as I sit at my desk.
The sky is a clear cerulean blue. The grass (where the snow is gone) is greening slightly. There are a few buds upon the deciduous trees. My calculus homework is all gone until next week. I have peppermint tea and digestives with mint jelly. I have the High Kings singing to me from my computer. I have fresh kiwi-fruit (gift from a friend) upon my desk. I spoke with a few of my friends in London this morning, and actually slept until nine o'clock- which was simply amazing, considering I've been sleeping an average of an hour a night recently, and last night I got more like eight hours.
It feels a bit like spring here at HC, which the Alaskan in me finds funny. Spring is for April and May. But here, they still think that forty degrees Fahrenheit is winter. Tomorrow is supposed to be nearly fifty. That's spring, for me. So, they say that spring comes in March or so, when things are consistently nearly sixty degrees. Of course, it is supposedly getting colder towards the end of next week. However, still not what I would expect for home.
In celebration, I'm wearing a bright pink shirt under my green and pink butterflies. According to a girl at lunch, I was wearing spring and spreading infectious happiness to anyone who saw me.
Not a bad thing to do, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...