Saturday 30 January 2010

At the Closing of the Third Week

Tonight I went with my friend Nora to a professor's house for dinner. Originally, they'd invited me because they have two daughters who live in Alaska, and they wanted to get to know the "Alaska girl" on campus.
It was a lovely evening. Mrs. R. made us a very delicious dinner, and we talked for several hours. Of course, most of the conversation revolved around Alaska. But it was quite the pleasant break from homework and studying that usually occupy my weekends. Today was no different, I had calculus almost all day and my brain was pretty much slush by the time 5:30 came around.
After we returned from their house, I got the rest of my stuff done and had the room to myself so I listened to Billy Joel and Simon & Garfunkel while somewhat straightening up my room.
A little while ago, a girl named Angela (a sweet music major who stops by nearly every weekend for a few minutes to say hi) came by. She informed me that every Sunday at ten, a small group of students gathered (anywheres from three of them to twelve of them, depending on the Sunday) to drive to Mount Irenaeus, which is a Franciscan retreat.
So, tomorrow, I'm off to a sanctuary in the woods, and will hopefully write to you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...