Tuesday 19 January 2010

Classes 2.0

So, this semester, I am taking something like 15 credits. And I thought I'd share with you what those are, and my opinions on them.

Intro to Nutrition: 4 credits.
Boring as watching paint dry. As well as being at nine o'clock in the morning, with a teacher who openly says that she doesn't understand how people don't love biochemistry. Not too overly hard of homework, yet, but the text book is a slog, and the teacher rambles a lot, making the lessons rather confusing.

Intro to Calculus: 4 credits.
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting, so far. But then too, we're doing really easy stuff at present. No one else is really volunteering answers in class other than me, so I'm apparently doing quite well. The professors said as much, which is mildly entertaining, since I hate math with a passion unrivaled by the thousand burning stars in the sky........ almost as much as I hate chemistry, in fact. (Which my nutrition course is, by the way, a chem course...)

Presentational Speaking: 2 credits.
Fairly interesting, not too hard. Except for the fact that I hate speaking in front of people. But the teacher is nice, and we only have to talk in front of our class.... at present. And apparently, he's pleased because I know how to project my voice and have a stage presence, which all those years of music has developed.

Philharmonia: 1 credit.
I love being able to play music again! I'm a second violin, and the music that we are playing is fantastic. However, after every rehearsal, my hands are killing me.

Metaphysics, Morality and the Mind: 4 credits.
This class is the best. We talk about philosophy, and books, and thought... and the teacher's just awesome. He explains things quite well, and is easy going. And besides, we haven't gone a single class so far without him quoting Calvin and Hobbes. An excellent sign. Slightly more homework than the other courses at present, but far more interesting and stimulating. And I feel like I'm actually learning something worthwhile.

So there you have it. Classes, second semester of year 1.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your classes Laura. Hooray for having "a stage presence"! :0) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm quite enjoying this semester, and hope that presence is enough to help me get a good grade......

    Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...