Tuesday 26 August 2008

Word From Hawaii

Today, a postcard arrived from my dear Jhaniel, and I eagerly read it, then stared at the beauty of the pictures on the front.
I wonder a little whether she choose the postcard knowing that it would make me want to come to Hawaii. Of course, as soon as I heard that she was going to college there, I wanted to go visit her. But the scenery was... breathtaking.
Mum's always wanted to go there, as almost every Alaskan does. But for the first time, I have wanted to join her there. To me, Hawaii was that over-rated place where people went to lay on the beach and get sunburned. Now I see the beauty of the nature there.
No, I still wouldn't want to just lay on the beach - even though I don't get sunburned. I would want to go hiking on their mountains and maybe, just maybe, I'd try snorkling.

2 comments:

  1. Muahaha, of course I did!

    JK. Actually, I sort of wanted something that had a lot of pretty nature scenes, cuz I figured you'd appreciate that more. I'm glad you liked it. And oh yeah, I went on the hike and it was stunning. Your train of thought was pretty much mine too: Well, I still like cold icy spots, grey seas, all that . . . but this rainforest and white beach stuff isn't too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes--And of course you're always welcome to visit, dahling! :D

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...