Friday 8 August 2008

Camera Woes

Last night, as I prepared to head off for our very last rehearsal of the summer season, I decided to leave my camera at home. After all, I'd taken it for two whole weeks and had not taken a single picture. I figured that I could leave it because what could possibly happen that night after nothing had come up picture-worthy for two weeks? This just proves that I should never say this to myself. And while my new mobile has a decent camera, it's only good for closeups, and not that great for very much else.

So, as we came out of rehearsal at halfpast nine last night, Mellisa looked up and remarked on the beautiful cloud formations. It really was quite breath-taking. And by the time that we neared home, the sunset was simply amazing. I was upset at myself for leaving my camera at home. But as I neared home, the light began to fade, so I hurried up and ran inside, asking if anyone had thought to take pictures of it. The answer was no. So I grabbed my camera, and realized that our neighbourhood has so many trees that I would never be able to get decent pictures of the sunset during summer. (We rarely have sunset in summer anyways.)

Last night, I promised myself to take my camera with me whenever I go places, unless I have a very good reason to leave it behind. I could have had gorgeous photos of a very rare, for this summer especially, sunset. By next week, we'll probably be doused in clouds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...