Tuesday 5 August 2008

Reducing Stress

Recently, I was told that I should take three mile walks every day to help ease the pain in my back. Then yesterday, Mum was told that her blood pressure was sky high, and she needed to reduce stress in her life.
I think everyone in my family needs to reduce stress. Now Mum will have to take those walks with me. That should be interesting, considering that her hips are in bad condition and she usually cannot walk long distances at all.
Life operates under a certain amount of stress; and in our case, that amount is quite high. I'm pretty sure that if there were less stressful things going on, my back and hands would not be nearly as painful as they are. And Mum's blood pressure would definitely not be so frighteningly high. We were told to cut things out.Currently, the only thing we have that is effective is walking three miles a day.

Did no one stop to think that trying to fit a walk like that into our schedule just might add some stress?

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I'm so sorry that your life is stress-filled. My prayers are with you. I take a run every evening (about 2-3 miles) and it really helps clear my head and keep me focused. It gets me away from my books, computer, and anything that keeps me "sitting". Its wonderful - if your back is up to it, try running a little bit! It feels great.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...