Monday 25 August 2008

Of Centrepieces and Randomness

It all started with me, I guess. The table was bare with the exception of the blue and white centre-cloth and a glass with two dahlias in it. As I ate my breakfast, I took off my glasses.

That's when it began. Seeing the glasses and figuring it was okay, Dad added a pack of post-it notes. I - being oblivious - suggested to Mum that we needed to change the centre-piece because it had been basically the same for over a week.

And Mum went random. A few minutes later, I came out to see that she had created her masterpiece: "The Random Centrepiece."

It included: my glasses, one pack of post-it notes, fish food, a roll of tape, a piece of wrapping paper that Belle from home from school, a picture of Mum and Tink (you can't see it in the picture), Tink's doll, a baby blanket, one of Theophilus' work gloves, and the original cloth and flowers.

Naturally, we didn't actually leave the Random Centrepiece there, as my father would probably get worried about me and Mum if we left it until dinner. A bit of searching, and I decided to honour my love of coffee - and Mum's love of flowers. I think this is a little more presentable than the Random Centre, although Mum's is far more original and unique.

Our house is a collection, gallery, and tribute to the Ways Which Are Random. And I think that is just how things are, whether we like them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...