Wednesday 6 August 2008

Random Quotes

Things which brought smiles to my face today.

Home:
Tink: "He's dawn! He's dawn!" (her version of "he's gone")
Mum: "So gone that he's Joy? A little soapy, perhaps?"
Me: "No, he's twilight." Then I began randomly singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy down in my heart".

Harrison: "MUM!!!"
Mum: "What?"
Harrison: *big grin* "Uh... nevermind."


Orchestra rehearsal: (Actually, these come from all of the last week.)
Weeda (our conductor): This music really just plays itself.
Mellisa: Then what are we doing here?

Weeda: You have to play this 'off' the bow, while still playing it 'on' the bow.
Michael: Yeah, in conservatory, we learned to call it by the technical term. It's really 'onf' style bowing.

Mellisa: I just love this third movement! It's the loveliest, and our part is so wonderful!
Weeda: But there aren't any violin parts.
Mellisa: Exactly.

Weeda: This hemiola must come out! (It's a musical term)
Susie: Then it's a good thing we have the ER surgeon as our tuba player.

2 comments:

  1. *giggle* Thank heavens that I'll never get a hemiola. Maybe there are some good things about not being able to play an instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made me laugh. A lot. Your friend Mellisa sounds fantastic; from what I can judge of her personality from these quotes, she reminds me forcibly of a good dance friend of mine.

    You make orchestra practices and performances in general sound so incredibly entertaining, which is great for me because I always envisioned them as being sort of dull before I met you *wince* Yeah, well, you've straightened me out on that!

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...