Thursday 19 August 2010

100 Hours

I seem to be doing a count-down to school, so I'll start off saying: I have have about 100 hours until I begin my first class for this semester. That class happens to be calculus. Not that I really like math, at all, but I have hopes to at least get a B in this class and be done with it forevermore.

I'm actually pretty happy about going back to school, even if sometimes I'd rather just be a kid again doing the fun parts of learning: early books, addition for maths, and playing outside for hours and hours. But I am taking Russian and a Fiction class as well this autumn, and I know I couldn't take those if I was only seven. A part of me is a little afraid that I won't have anyone to talk to and school will just boil down to "study, attend class, write up homework, work, and sleep." But a friend's mother says that I'm sure to see people I know (this is part of a small town where I've lived my whole life, and I am not an obscure member of the community. Not sure if that's a compliment or not) and if not, I'll make friends over the time I spend here. 

My books are bought, or at least ordered; my schedule is set; and now, I just have to pray, breathe, and study. At least this year, I'll be living at home while attending school, so I don't have to worry about campus food (the little restaurant on campus is excellent though, I love the fries.) And I won't have to worry about dorm life, or any of the problems inherent in a campus where everyone lives within five minutes of each other and there's no escaping the drama of the interwoven lives... 

All in all, life should be fun and interesting these next few months. I'll have more time, hopefully, than last year for blogging, crafts and photography. And I won't be forever in the health-centre. 

2 comments:

  1. You are all sorted, ready to go, love and light on your journey, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure what your plans were Laura; so happy you are able to stay home while attending study as well. Brilliant!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...