Sunday 15 November 2009

Remembering to Slow Down

Bare feet.
Crunchy leaves.
Remnants of a frost.
Soft woolen sweaters.
Long warm skirts.
Talking with dear friends.
Admiring the beauty of the world.
Wondering at the simplicity of nature.
Wishing for the wildness that I remember from Alaska.
Evenings spent with friends.
Hot cocoa and relaxing piano music.
Resting and taking time to listen to God on this day set apart by Him.
Remembering to thank Him.

These are the days that I need to remember. These are the days that give me space and distance to see what my life is. The days that allow me to think and reflect. The ones that give me energy, motivation and remembrance of what it is that is important.

4 comments:

  1. Me likes. That's all I can say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore those days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadea- I should hope you likes... :P
    And Saminda, I don't have them often, so I greatly appreciate them when they do occur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melikes...a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...