Sunday 15 November 2009

Bloggy Thoughts

As I sit here, battling day who knows what of a migraine, I find myself thinking about this blog. For a year and a half, I have written here, and changed greatly through that writing. I've realized much about myself, about others, about what I want in life. Also, it shows me how I live the life I have.

And living in a dorm setting, I've come to see how much I really want to have a real house soon. How I love kitchens (and cooking), crafting, and all of the things that go with homes. (Including cleaning... who'd have thought I'd ever miss washing dishes?) I try to find ways of living the 'down-to-earth' lifestyle while still being here rather than just dreaming. It helps that I'm not really on the meal-plan and so am cooking for myself.

However, I still find that my most recurrent dream is that of living in my own home. I suppose my mind has a built up ideal, Willowcliffe Cottage, if you will. And so often, I see this blog as being tied to my desire to grow in the "down-to-earth" lifestyle. It is where I write about cooking, crafting, and those things which mean "home" to me. I no longer teach music lessons and run my own business, thus making "Willowcliffe Studios" passé. So what am I to do with the blog name?

I'm thinking of doing something in terms of the homing aspect of the blog, yet I'm not sure if I want to abandon the "Willowcliffe" part since it is so intrinsically linked to my dramatis personae. I'm tossing around ideas with "cottage of dreams" or similar titles. A new blog layout would likely go along with a new title.

Most likely, it will be "Dreams of A Place Called Home", or some similar derivation. I'll post before I change anything.

4 comments:

  1. just whatever you do, please don't change it all up so it gives me an error message when I try to find you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, dear Nadea, I shall give you full warning. And you could always come to my room to ask if you lost it. ^_^

    Linden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Studios works well for a domestic setting, methinks. i'm not sure how, but I like it.

    But then again, you do like to change things around on the blog. I, too, don't want to lose you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do know that you could live in a studio- but for me, studio conjures the image of a place for artistic expression. As in, a part of a home where I would either write, paint, sculpt, make music, dance, etc.
    I do want to update the blog to reflect my current chapter in life. And you won't lose me, I'll advertise the change long before it happens, if it even does happen. ^_^

    Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...