Thursday 5 November 2009

Favourite Things: Cardamom Cookies

I have no photos right now of cardamom cookies right now, but I thought, due to a comment from Mythopoeia, that I ought to post the recipe for them.

1 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cardamom
2 cups flour

1. Cream butter and sugar, add egg
2. Stir in cardamom
3. Add baking powder and flour
4. Make dough log, wrap in wax paper, chill in refrigerator
5. Cut into 1/4 inch wedges and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 F.
6. Cool on rack till firm.

4 comments:

  1. Mythopoeia loves you for this. And for many other things too, of course, but this recipe makes me very happy! I'll bake some ASAP--probably around Christmastime for my fam. I'm planning out my Tolkien birthday party celebration for Jan. 3, and these could come in handy. I'm thinking 'Errantry', here, and the little messenger who perfumed his ship with 'marjoram and cardamom and lavender' :D

    Sounds like a simple recipe too. I'll let you know how we like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much--I shall have to make these sometime! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound very good. I suppose if I were in a hurry (which I never am,right? :D ) I could just make them as drop cookies rather than chilling and cutting into wedges (wedges, really? how does one do that? I've cut them into disks, do you then cut the disk into wedges?) Anyway, I shall have to try these soon. It's just been so long since I've done much baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made them! They were delicious. And I even took the time to make a dough log and cool it, then slice and bake. And I thought about you and prayed for you while I was making them.

    Then tonight we went to the lutefisk dinner and I wondered if you liked that kind of thing. We got there late,but it was still yummy. Not the lutefisk, mind you. I like the lefse and the meatballs and the cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...