Monday 14 February 2011

A Most Unusual Valentine's

Today is a day I dread. I hate things that have been overly commercialized, and commercializing love is reprehensible to me.

Also, we planned on my office hosting an open house/informational display at work. We'd never done anything like this before, and a lot of the paper-work and set up was riding on my shoulders. And my supervisor has been out of the office the last week and a half due to her son getting married. Most inconvenient timing. However, my fears were assuaged and all went exceedingly well and everyone was happy. Including me. 

But I hadn't escaped life yet.

Student Union was passing out flowers and trying to encourage people to give them to others. I quickly selected a white rose and gave it to my friend Kaitlyn. Who gave me a lovely pink rose in return.

After I got off work, I was gifted, by various others, over twenty more roses. Sweet, yet completely embarrassing to then walk into one's classroom holding an over-the-top bouquet. My teacher gave me a complete tease during class, which thankfully got out early.

Now for tea, music and going to bed before I have to get to class again early in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...