Friday 25 February 2011

Conserving Consumers

Okay, I know, the title is a contradiction of terms. But consumers can learn to conserve, can't they?

Apparently some people, according to this NY Times article, think so.

"Consumer spending has picked up, but for some Americans the recession has left something behind: a greater interest in making stuff last... 
...It is hardly the stuff of generations past, those stung by the Great Depression, who held onto antediluvian dishware and stored canned goods until rust formed on the lids. But for the moment, many citizens of a throwaway society are making fewer visits to the trash and recycling bins."
This makes me hopeful, just the littlest bit, that maybe my fellow Americans might slowly be learning than more isn't always better.

I've heard so many people, especially girls say, "if one is good, two is better." I'd like to change that.

If one is good, two is unnecessary.

1 comment:

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...