Thursday 17 February 2011

Late-Night Cocoa

On Tuesday, I ended up having to stay in town for just about forever it seemed. Well, not exactly true, but Mum needed me to drive her home when she got off work, which was close to midnight.

So I crashed at a late-night diner and drank hot cocoa and wrote letters with an antique dip-pen and crimson ink. Lovely, yes?


I felt rather like Cassandra Mortmain from I Capture The Castle, only I had no sheepdog on a leash to warm my feet. And it was quite a bit colder out than I believe August in London would be...

And even the waitress told me that I looked just like a heroine from an some sort of English romance. I appreciated the thought. And the extra fill-ups on cocoa as I spent quite a long time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...