Sunday 30 May 2010

Grass Seeds and Fruity Cobblers

Do you know what it's like to bag 48 four-pound bags of grass seed? Yep, that was me today: scooping it out, weighing it (no more and no less than exactly 4.00), sealing it, pressing out extra air, and then stacking it. I felt like I was going to drown in sacks of the dusty seed. But at least it wasn't running up and down the aisles of the greenhouse with the crazy weekender crowds. And it was very warm today, again, even though when I left home this morning, it was less than promising with clouds threatening to ruin my lovely sunny week.

After work, I went to Mass, then straight to the Lutheran church to meet my parents for the praise service. When I went home, I saw that the rhubarb was coming up nicely and needed to be thinned a little to promote more growth. So, I made the first rhubarb cobbler of the season.

I was planning on taking photos, but it was late and I got going and didn't stop to think about it. But I hope dad likes his surprise of blueberry-rhubarb cobbler when he gets up to go to work tonight. Maybe I'll even eat part of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...