Tuesday 4 May 2010

Our Life in Plastics

Recently, Mum and I have decided to start cutting back on plastics in our life. Whew... do you realise how much comes in plastic?

Bags aren't so much of a concern since I've been doing at least partial b.y.o.b for about three and a half years now. We don't purchase much in the way of processed foods, so that cuts some down there. Not much of our food comes in tons of casing and packaging, so I thought that we were doing pretty good.

Sure, we're not going on a plastic fast like some people do, but it's still amazing how much plastic is in our life. Look around you and see how many things close to you are plastic. (Like the computer keyboard?) Now look in your kitchen. Bottles, bags, containers, and more.

It feels good to cut down on plastics, and to get rid of as much of them as possible. I don't think we'll ever completely get rid of all our plastic belongings; there is too much plastic in everything to make that possible. Even if we wanted to, it's hard to find some articles that do not contain some sort of plastic in at least part of it.

However, I did add just a bit of plastic to my life. It's actually just a bit smaller than my thumb. And I used it tonight scan it in when I went to the gym, and then Halleymarie proceeded to kick my butt and kill me. For two hours. Yes, I worked out tonight for the first time in just about forever.

I feel great. And very, very sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...