Wednesday 2 June 2010

I Love Dandelions!

I think the whole world should know that I love dandelions!

Dandelions Everywhere!

Yes, that's right, I love love love dandelions! Who couldn't? They're bright, sunny, and grow just about anywhere, in any conditions.

Dandelions for Jelly

And they're yummy! Plus, they are extremely good for you, especially if you have respiratory problems or weak lungs. *cough*likeme*cough*

Bowl of Sunshine

Yesterday, I had a day off of work, and in the late afternoon, I headed outside and picked that bowl full of dandelion heads. I spent about an hour and a half pulling all the petals away from the sepals and head of the blossoms. Basically, I kept only the green part.

Boiled Petals

Today, when I got home from work, I boiled up those heads, and made jelly!

Syrupy Jelly

I made a double batch, and ended up with seven pints.

Boiling Jelly Bath

It was the first time I made jelly all by myself. It was quite the experience, but I loved it.

Finished Jelly

I think I'm going to be making more in the very near future!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never even thought of making dandelion jelly! Looks delicious! And how beautiful they all look piled in that bowl, so clean and bright and merry. I wish I had enough dandelions in the area to try the recipe myself, but I don't . . . I just have to settle with waiting for them to go to seed and then blowing the little feathers away and wishing on them . . . maybe I'll wish for more dandelions :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mythopoeia, perhaps I'll send you a jar so you can see what you think of it. :-)
    I think they are just lovely and beautiful, and don't understand why people hate them so much. Don't they just lift your heart when you see them?

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...