Tuesday 27 April 2010

An April Afternoon

About two weeks ago, my parents and I went out to the beach and took a walk. It was a beautiful, clear and sunny day. Very nearly perfect, for April. And these are just a few of the shots I got while messing about with Dad's camera.


I love the mountains, ice and snow and all.


And seafoam is just gorgeous. Doesn't it just make you think of merfolk and fairytales?


I just wish this photo had come out with the real blue of the shell. Perhaps I should edit it so that you can see just how vibrant these really are!


It is the horn of the ocean... and if my ears were small enough, I'm sure I could have heard Poseidon's echo...




































My lovely parents.


When I was little, I used to collect all the pink shells I could find, and my brother got all the white ones like this. I think I had a couple hundred at one point. They are about the size of my thumb nail now.


Yes, there was still ice and snow on the beach, and yours truly was wearing sandals. Without socks, no less! I think I love being back in Alaska where that is perfectly okay.


And there is my Mount Redoubt, the one who blew up last spring. And she's steaming again!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, it is truly so beautiful. Do you know, I have never even seen snow?! I cannot imagine beach / mountains / snow all at the same time. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'aww, those shells look like the ones I used to hunt for on Californian beaches, like Huntington and places! I suppose that makes sense, since we're technically on the same coastline, but still, that's strange. I have a shell collection at home too. When I went to the North Shore, I was surprised to see more coral than seashells, and I collected that too, because it's gorgeous. Some pieces look like miniature merpalaces.

    Your photo of the seafoam is /beautiful/, by the way. The colors are breathtaking. It looks so cold and clean and crisp. Seafoam always makes me think of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Sight) I do really miss those beaches over there. Even it was quite chilly even in summer. Remember me going swim to the ocean? And slinging was so much fun. I really do miss over there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is my favorite ... that is truly breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...