Monday 3 August 2009

Getting Roped Into More Music

Every year, the peninsula orchestra puts on a Summer Gala Concert, and for the two weeks before, there are noon-time concerts all over the place. This year was different. I wasn't playing in any of them, not even the final concert.
Then Thursday, I went to one of the noon-time concerts. And somehow or another, got talked into playing for the concert. So I kinda crashed learned all the pieces by Saturday. All this week, we have nightly rehearsals, for a concert on Friday and Saturday.
Thankfully, I got new strings for Sirius on Friday, and they sound lovely. And the music isn't really all that difficult. (As I learned it in two days, basically.) It just wasn't really expected. But I am having a lot of fun, so I guess that's alright. Flexibilty is a good thing, isn't it?
But next Sunday, I'm planning on crashing for a lot of sleep, and packing and cleaning the whole week after that. 'Cause by the Sunday after that, I'll be on a plane...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so soon?!!! I am so excited for you! :)
    Yes, I know about crash-learning music. Mostly for me it's been singing- in my Queensland Youth Choir days we would learn parts and choreo for a whole new song (or 2) for a concert THAT NIGHT! Rediculous, but we always pulled it off somehow. I was asked to play flute once too, a descant part for choir performing THAT NIGHT, once again. :) I did it.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...