Wednesday 29 July 2009

Fireweed Strikes


I've always known that my mother is allergic to fireweed. When Theophilus and I were small, we formed the Fireweed Brigade and would pull up every last stalk of fireweed we could find. In the last few years, it hasn't been much of a problem.
This morning, Mum told Theophilus and I that she needed us to pick it all. We started gathering, and then decided we should take some photos. A few minutes after this photo above was taken, my arms started to itch.
Then my neck. Then my scalp. Then the rest of my whole body. My eyes were watering and my throat started to close up.

What do you know? I'm allergic to fireweed too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh but these are so beautiful!!!! What a shame you guys are allergic- I can just see a whole big bunch of these in a vase! We just don't get wildflowers like these in sunny Queensland.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I just need to tell you again how much the shawls mean to me. I have had mine trailing around with me since Friday when it came; with all the migraines I'm having it just seems to be making me feel more comfy! :) Truly. You are so special. You've made me feel special. Thank you again! xo Saminda.
    PS. I finally used the dishcloths today (well, one of them..) and it worked so great. I have the most beautiful dishcloths in town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of . . . My dad and one of my brothers are allergic to cats, though. It /is/ a pity about the flowers, they are so charming!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...