Saturday 4 July 2009

The Fourth...

So, on our Independance Day, I spent the whole time on the couch. Yes, I got a cold from our friend on our Wednesday hike.
It's interesting, spending the day thinking about liberty, freedom, justice, and government. Especially when I agree so little with our current leaders. My parents marched in the parade with the American Tea Party. I would have if I didn't have this cold, or rather, the cough that leaves me with no energy.
My brother spent part of the afternoon discussing ideological philosophies with me, and that gave me even more to think over. If my mind weren't so befuddled, I doubt it would have taken me all day to think over what I have, but at least I can say that I'm even more excited for Intercultural Studies, specifically my Global Issues course this fall. I'm hoping to get into Democracy and Governance in my sophmore year. Then, maybe I'll have more to think about on future fourth of Julies.
Remember, remember, the fourth of July... - What we did. One shall not forget.
Too many Americans have forgotten important things... whether they happened here in America, or in foreign nations. On that note, this November, I shall remember the fifth. Maybe a Fawksian mask will be making an appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I saw the tea party group, but I didn't recognize your parents. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they were riding in the back of the truck, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...