Tuesday 21 July 2009

Clams

Well, this morning, my family (minus me) left the house around six thirty in the morning to go clamming. The limit is currently sixty clams per person, equaling 18o clams for Mum, Dad and Theophilus if they take as many as the limit allows, which they generally try for. According to Mum, they got 163 today.
So, since they got back this afternoon, we've been processing the clams. Dad and Theophilus freed the meat from the shell, then Mum washed out the sand and cut out the guts, and I diced and bagged.
Of course, they were talking about how they wished the limit was larger so that we wouldn't have to go multiple times. But after dealing with the clams... I'm a little glad that the limit is for eighty a piece.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I loved clam chowder, until I caught and cleaned clams. What a dirty, yucky job! Plus, my hubby is allergic to them. He loves to dig them but can't eat them, so I don't figure there's any point in getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I like clam chowder (cream, not tomato, based...) and cleaning them isn't so bad when you've been doing it so long that your mind numbs over and you think about other things and people.
    At least I wasn't in charge of the really nasty, icky parts. Too bad Alex is allergic to them... they can be so very yummy...

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...