Wednesday 15 July 2009

Changing Plans

Well, I realised that I forgot to post much of what's happening in the last few days. For my physical last Wednesday, I had a TB test. On Friday, I was confirmed as a positive for tuberculosis. Since then, it has been decided that I'm a latent carrier (my body's got it under control, I can't get anyone sick, but I have to go on treatments...). Of course, they're awaiting the state official's report on my x-rays, but it's looking good so far.
This apparently is why I've been having that cough that got me down. And why I'm so exhausted that I feel like doing nothing. Why I get tired just being out in town, let alone doing any sort of activity. The nurse yesterday said that in a few weeks I should have more stamina.
A few weeks... of no energy, or the inablity to do things without periodic rests. And those coming about ten or fifteen minutes apart. I had to quit work today because there is no way to carry on like this and do the work needed. (If you can barely get out of bed and showered, one can't run around with customers for six or eight hours!)
But I'm still going to college, still going to London. I'll be okay. It's just... a slight change in plans. And I'll just have to go with that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. >.> That . . . sounds a little bit too exciting. But I'm glad you're going to be all right! (And that you're not going to be one of those unfortunate moribund poets wasting away.) I hope you start feeling better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rivka dear, don't worry about me! It hasn't gotten me down yet, and I hope it doesn't. :) I really shall be just fine, when everything's all over, I think I shall have some interesting writing material. I promise not to become moribund, and I'm strictly forbidden to waste away!
    Let's just hope I do get more energy and that everything is smooth sailing from here on. :) Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...