Monday 6 July 2009

Glory Is Fleeting (Like My Energy...)

Well, my cold is nearly gone, minus the cough which is persistently hanging on and leaves me with little energy. So far, going up and down stairs is what I can manage, even when it means my lungs get restricted and I have to sit down when I've gone up and down. However, my brain has cleared more so than it was on Saturday, for which I'm extremely grateful.
I've spent a good deal of today sleeping, knitting, reading and trying to get up and do. (Not so successful, I'm afraid.) The batch of cookie-dough will wait till tomorrow to be baked, and the letters I wrote a few days most likely till they are addressed and sent. Sleep wasn't productive... and at least in knitting I have been getting something accomplished. I find it easier to move fast on that when my mind is on something however.
In answer to that, I am watching A Man for All Seasons on my father's computer. Theophilus and I watched it last night, and he's watched it several times before. It'd been some years since I last saw it, and I'd nearly forgotten why I'd liked it so. I've remembered. For those of you who haven't seen it, I'd highly suggest it. Sir Thomas More is a man I wished lived now. A man who followed his conscience against all the pressure that King Henry the Eighth could bring to bear. (To think, I shall visit the Tower of London next year! I hope to go to More's cell...)

Here is a clip of some glorious music from around that era... I found many pieces that I liked, however, most weren't of good quality. Mayhaps I'll find some in London?

And a final quote, found by my wonderful brother Theophilus.
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." Sir Thomas More

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...