Tuesday 16 June 2009

Raindance

All last summer, we barely saw the sun. It rained all the time, and almost everyone I knew was miserable. We were cheated of our summer...
This summer, we have had a lot of sun-sightings. And very little rain. This is dangerous, as we have a lot of dead trees on the peninsula which we are not allowed to cut down. Our fire warnings are high. However, because of memories of last summer, no one wants rain.
Yesterday, it was bright, beautiful, and sunny. Then in the late afternoon, it clouded over and we could hear thunder coming. I love thunder and rain and lightening. In a matter of minutes, the rain was pelting down... and I loved it.
I wanted to go dance in the rain, to whirl about with the thunder resounding in my ears.
Then Mum came in (she had been working in her garden) and asked if I'd remembered to bring in my clothes which I'd put outside to dry.

Ooops.
I got my raindance in while rushing my formerly dry (and now wet again) clothes into the bathroom.
Hey... the thunder is still amazing.

2 comments:

  1. WE didn't have thunder. Dang, cheated again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Maybe I just live in a cooler place. You know. The thunder is attracted to my sense of beauty... namely... whirling around in it and laughing like a wild child.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...