Tuesday 30 June 2009

Drinking Coffee- With a Conscience


Recently, in Mum's research to help us live more naturally, use less, and do more of the 'simple' life, we started composting and using coffee-grounds for nutrients to the soil in her garden.
Then Theophilus rented "Future of Food" for us, and so she started researching GMOs. That's a long subject I may cover in another post. Anyways, that led her to research FairTrade coffee. After reading about the circumstances that often prevail on non-FT coffee-plantations, we've switched over. I hope to get some more of those links for you here soon, but for now, I'll leave you with the link to a bit of information for FT coffee.
Understanding "Fair-Trade"

2 comments:

  1. Amen to buying fairtrade. I try to do so too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard though, at times, when I'm trying to find FairTrade, and the label is so tiny. But I found some great tea at the store that is FairTrade, and I'm enjoying it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...