Wednesday 10 December 2008

The Long-Promised Tree

Yes, at long last, I have finished the tree and have loaded the photos to my computer! Aren't you proud? And to think: it didn't take me until Christmas day to do it either. *smiles* I'm happy. And most likely, you're relieved to not read another "Sorry... maybe tomorrow?". Ahem, yes, my procrastination works on many levels. But as you see, my tree doesn't really have a theme like the ones I saw in stores. So, it can be described as a tree that reflects me. And has a bunch of really old ornaments. (Even that, I suppose, could be a reflection of my personality. Depends on how deep into this you want to go.)
Also, one might gather that I like Christmas lights. This is certainly true. I do love lights, they're wonderful and make me feel happy. However, this year, in my room, I have a couple (read, about ten) strands of lights in my room, which my mother believes to be a little... much. Even my father - who taught me pretty much everything I know about such matters - says I might have over-done it just a bit. That's the highest praise I could imagine for my, shall we say, decorating skills. (My parents will be shaking their heads when they read this.)
Anyways, I also thought I'd show you a bit of what our Nativity set looks like. I think it was my dad's grandfather who made it, but I do know that it's very old. [Edit: He made the stable, but not the figures. I have no clue where those came from.] But I like it. It wouldn't be our tree if we didn't have that set under it. I realized after I finished taking pictures that I hadn't got the third king in the picture, but you'll just have to imagine him.

5 comments:

  1. Yay, it's Linden's tree at last! And very lovely it looks, too. One can never have too many Christmas lights, and I'm determined to buy yards of tinsel this year (much to my mother's dismay).

    The nativity set is beautiful.

    So yes, your tree is the prettiest of them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! My dad made the stable for the nativity but not the figures. Just so you get your facts correct...
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gramma, I was about to edit that part in because Dad corrected me on it. You two both got me... I'd always thought your dad made it somehow.

    Jhaniel, thanks! I agree about never having too many Christmas lights. My room is proof of that! Tinsel! The stuff that stays for ten years. I mean, I think that was the last time we put tinsel on our tree, but there are still remains of it clinging. (Yes, our tree is fake this year, again!)
    And of course, I agree that my tree is the prettiest. If only because of all the pain that went into it and I'm proud of myself for doing it. :)

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love Christmas lights, too. In fact, right now I'm sitting with our Dell laptop barely a yard away from our nicely lit-up tree.


    Follow this link, dear. There's a present for you. =]

    http://english.unitecnology.ac.nz/writers/writing.php?id=67000

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rivka! I loved it! Oh my, one of these days, I'm going to write a long, detailed critique of it and PM it to you, and try to get it through the feedback system.
    I just got down laying under my tree, and am now laying on my floor, looking at all my lights. Lovely things, too bad I'm all out of them. :)
    -Linden

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...